Faculty of Syariah and Law or formerly known as Faculty of Syariah and Judiciary is one of the faculties to introduce the integration of two areas of law namely syariah and civil law in its programme.
Three programmes are being offered for undergraduate students namely:
- Bachelor of Law and Shariah with Honours – (LLB and Shariah) (Hons) (formerly known as Bachelor of Shariah and Law)
- Bachelor of Fiqh and Fatwa with Honours
- Bachelor of Shariah (Halal Industry) with Honours
The Faculty also offers postgraduate programmes namely:
- Master of Laws – research
- Master of Syariah – research
- Master of Comparative Law – research
- Master of Laws (International Law)- coursework
- Doctor of Philosophy in Syariah and Judiciary – research
- Doctor of Philosophy in Laws –research
- Diploma in Islamic Judiciary and Advocatory Practice –coursework
The Faculty of Syariah and Law was founded initially to produce graduates who are not only equipped with relevant legal theories but also practical knowledge in the field of Syariah and Civil. Programmes offered by the faculty comprehend two main fields of study, Syariah and Law that are accredited professionally by traditional, current and professional needs. With the new programmes offered, the faculty is moving steps forward upon a renewed awareness to provide human resources that not only possess the essential legal knowledge relevant to the field but also graduates who are marketable and capable of solving societal problems based on the Islamic principles outlined. The students in this faculty are trained with multi discipline of knowledge, ethics, honest and responsible. As such, this is in line with the vision of the University’s motto in which, “Knowledgeable, Discipline and Devout”.